Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $124.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $35.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis introductory text provides a step-by-step explanation of how to design, conduct, and present research in psychology. Early chapters instroduce important concepts for developing research ideas, subject sampling, ethics, and data collection to help students understand the process of research. Subsequent Nuts and Bolts chapters provide more detailed coverage of these topics and the various types of research. This approach creates a logical scaffolding upon which students can build their kwledge. Key Features: * chapter organization mirrors the steps in the research process in the first part of the book and then lays out the details of different types of research designs in the second half. This sequence reflects the logical, natural progression of the research process * the spaced repetition of concepts follows a proven memory/learning model that maximizes student retention * Thinking About Research sections at the end of chapters provide a summary of a real research study for students to analyze and relate to the chapter content * examples and activities in each chapter come from a wide range of psychological settings, giving students a useful overview of real research * end-of-chapter quizzes New to this Edition: * updated with more research examples that relate to different designs and clarifies difficult concepts such as internal validity and the relationship between data collection techniques and various research designs * Using Research feature at the end of selected chapters help students connect research methods kwledge to reports they encounter in their daily lives and from the media * Why Should I Care About Research discussion added to the end of Chapter 1 helps students put the course and methods skills they are learning in context with their future goals * Expanded Test Yourself questions at the end of chapters provide more practice for students * Updated to conform to the latest guidelines of the APA style Manual, 6th Edition Ancillaries: * Password-protected Instructor Resource Site include a test bank, PowerPoint slides, sample syllabi, answers/tips for the in-text questions, an answer key for the Lab Manual and class discussion topics and activities. * An open-access student study site provides chapter summaries and objectives, E-flashcards, Web quizzes, additional SPSS data examples, SAGE journal articles, and additional Web resources.
- Author BiographyDawn M. McBride is a professor of psychology at Illinois State University, where she has taught research methods since 1998. Her research interests include automatic forms of memory, false memory, prospective memory, and forgetting. In addition to research methods, she teaches courses in introductory psychology, cognition and learning, and human memory, and a graduate course in experimental design. She is a recipient of the Illinois State University Teaching Initiative Award and the ISU SPA/Psi Chi Jim Johnson Award for commitment to undergraduate mentorship, involvement, and achievement. Her nonacademic interests include spending time with her family, traveling, watching Philadelphia sports teams (her place of birth), and reading British murder mysteries. She earned her PhD in cognitive psychology from the University of California, Irvine, and her BA from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Dawn M. McBride
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication28/04/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.