All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionSummary Covers the practical side of being an academic librarian. Outlines and describes the skills necessary to succeed in these large, and often complex, organisations. The book includes tools and techniques for an academic librarian for managing time, meetings, projects, publishing and research, communications (paper and electronic), the basics of supervision, and how to work in a large organisation. The impact of the growth of electronic formats on the role of the academic librarian are discussed in detail. The Authors Anne Langley is Co-ordinator of the Science and Engineering Libraries at Duke University, USA . Edward Gray is Science and Engineering Librarian at Duke University; K T L Vaughan is User Services Librarian at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Health Sciences Library, USA.
- Author BiographyAnne Langley is Co-ordinator of the Science and Engineering Libraries and Head of the Chemistry Library at Duke University, USA and has worked in academic libraries for over 18 years. Edward Gray is the Public Services Librarian for the Biological and Environmental Sciences Library at Duke University. K. T. L. Vaughan is the Librarian for Bioinformatics and Pharmacy at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Health Sciences Library, USA.
- Author(s)Anne Langley,Edward Gray,K. T. L. Vaughan
- PublisherWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationWitney
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/12/2016
- Weight420 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.