All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by one of the most important founding figures of Western philosophy, Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics represents a critical point in the study of ethics which has influenced the direction of modern philosophy. The Routledge Guidebook to Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics introduces the major themes in Aristotle's great book and acts as a companion for reading this key work, examining: The context of Aristotle's work and the background to his writing Each separate part of the text in relation to its goals, meanings and impact The reception the book received when first seen by the world The relevance of Aristotle's work to modern philosophy, its legacy and influence. With further reading included throughout, this text is essential reading for all students of philosophy, and all those wishing to get to grips with this classic work.
- Author BiographyGerard J. Hughes is former Master of Campion Hall College, University of Oxford and is Assistant Director of the Centre for Philosophy of Religion, Heythrop College, UK. He has published widely on the subjects of theology and history of philosophy.
- Author(s)Gerard J. Hughes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- Series TitleRoutledge Guides to the Great Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight317 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Series Edited byAnthony Gottlieb
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.