All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This comprehensive work extends general ideas, concepts, and techniques of qualitative research into the realm of management research...This is a crucial reference tool for anyone conducting research in this field of study' - CHOICE With over 100 entries on key concepts and theorists, the Dictionary of Qualitative Management Research provides full coverage of the field, explaining fundamental concepts and introducing new and unfamiliar terms. This book provides: - Definitions - Examples in the field of management studies - Criticisms and possible future directions Engagingly written by specialists in each area, this dictionary will be the definitive and essential companion to established textbooks and teaching materials in qualitative management research.
- Author BiographyRichard Thorpe is Professor of Management Development and Pro Dean for Research at Leeds University Business School. His research interests have included: performance, entrepreneurship, knowledge and leadership as well as research methods in management research. His early career as a management trainee on a Clarks programme informed the way his ethos has developed. Following a period in industry his first academic appointment was as a researcher at Strathclyde University in the Pay and Reward Research Centre. There, as a consequence of the research conducted he developed close links with practitioners, intermediaries and policy makers, something he has strived to maintain as his career progressed. Common themes in his work are: a strong commitment to conducting research in collaboration with practitioners; a focus on action and change; an interest in and commitment to the development of doctoral students and the development of capacity within the sector. Richard has been past president and chair of the British Academy of Management and member of the ESRC Training and Development Board. He is currently chair of the Society for the Advancement of Management Studies. have enjoyed a serpentine academic career, working in departments of politics and philosophy as well as business and management, and at a number of UK universities, including Southampton, Bath, Manchester Met. and Leeds. Throughout I have been interested in basic questions of meaning associated with words like: value, production, good and wealth, and continue to be curious about these, currently through research work on ethics, on entrepreneurial activity, and on strategic practices. Approaches from anyone wishing to study for a Phd in sympathy with, or on a line of flight from, the above more than welcome.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byProfessor Richard Thorpe,Robin Holt
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.12Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.