All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRon Paul - the former Texas Congressman, Presidential candidate, and #1 New York Times bestselling author - returns with a highly provocative and controversial treatise about America's broken education system. Ron Paul's new book will delve deeply into one of the most important issues facing us today: the state of education in America. The vast majority of Americans agree that our education system is t working. Costs continue to rise while quality continues to plummet. In New School Manifesto, Dr. Paul argues that we need to start thinking about the whole thing differently. This book is a focused guide to his position, which centers on a strong support for home schooling and free market principles applied to education. He makes the case that parents should have far greater freedoms when it comes to educating their children, and he nimbly dissects the most pressing problems from a Libertarian point of view. Dr. Paul also briefly discusses the history of education in this country, along with what has gone wrong and how we got to where we are w. Unlike nearly all other politicians, Ron Paul's views have remained remarkably consistent for many decades, and even if you disagree with his principles, his arguments always make you think and challenge your beliefs. Dr. Paul's ideas and his urgent appeal to all citizens will illuminate what we need to do fix America's education system for future generations.
- Author BiographyRon Paul is a former twelve-term congressman from Texas and a #1 New York Times bestselling author. He has devoted his political career to the defense of individual liberty, sound money, and a non-interventionist foreign policy. Judge Andrew Napolitano once called him'the Thomas Jefferson of our day.' After serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force in the 1960s, Dr. Paul moved to Texas to begin a civilian medical practice, delivering over four thousand babies in his career as an obstetrician. He served in Congress from 1976 to 1984, and again from 1996 to 2012. He and Carol Paul, his wife of fifty-one years, have five children, eighteen grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. Ron Paul, the New York Post once wrote, is a politician who 'cannot be bought by special interests.'
- Author(s)Ron Paul
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrand Central Publishing
- Weight322 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.