Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe Science and Engineering of Materials Sixth Edition describes the foundations and applications of materials science as predicated upon the structure-processing-properties paradigm with the goal of providing eugh science so that the reader may understand basic materials phemena, and eugh engineering to prepare a wide range of students for competent professional practice. By selecting the appropriate topics from the wealth of material provided in The Science and Engineering of Materials, instructors can emphasize materials, provide a general overview, concentrate on mechanical behavior, or focus on physical properties. Since the book has more material than is needed for a one-semester course, students will also have a useful reference for subsequent courses in manufacturing, materials, design, or materials selection.
- Author BiographyPradeep P. Fulay received his Ph.D. from the University of Arizona and teaches at the University of Pittsburgh. His research is primarily concerned with the synthesis and processing of ceramic powders and thin films, consisting of nano-sized primary particles/grains. His current research involves development of novel synthesis and processing protocols for electro-optic and ferroelectric ceramics and studies related to the relationships between their microstructure and dielectric/optical properties. Dr. Fulay is also researching fundamental of magnetorheological (MR) fluids. He is a Fellow to the American Ceramic Society. Wendelin Wright is an associate professor at Bucknell University with a joint appointment in the departments of Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering. She received her B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. (2003) in Materials Science and Engineering from Stanford University. Following graduation, she served a post-doctoral term at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in the Manufacturing and Materials Engineering Division and then returned to Stanford as an Acting Assistant Professor in 2005. She joined the Santa Clara University faculty as a tenure-track assistant professor and assumed her position at Bucknell in the fall of 2010. Professor Wright's research interests focus on the mechanical behavior of materials, particularly of metallic glasses. She is the recipient of the 2003 Walter J. Gores Award for Excellence in Teaching, which is Stanford University's highest teaching honor, a 2005 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, and a 2010 National Science Foundation CAREER Award. Professor Wright is a licensed professional engineer in metallurgy in California. Donald R. Askeland joined the University of Missouri-Rolla (now the Missouri University of Science and Technology) in 1970 after obtaining his doctorate in Metallurgical Engineering from the University of Michigan. His primary interest has been in teaching, resulting in a variety of campus, university, and industry awards and the preparation of a materials engineering textbook. Dr. Askeland has also been active in research involving metals casting and metals joining, particularly in the production, treatment, and joining of cast irons, gating and fluidity of aluminum alloys, and optimization of casting processes. Additional work has concentrated on lost foam casting, permanent mold casting, and investment casting; much of this work has been interdisciplinary, providing data for creating computer models and validation of such models.
- Author(s)Donald R. Askeland,Pradeep Fulay,Wendelin Wright
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNelson Engineering
- Out-of-print date04/11/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight1600 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement6th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.