All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionNot just ather science book and t just ather Discworld vella, The Science of Discworld is a creative, mind-bending mash-up of fiction and fact, that offers a wizard's-eye view of our world that will forever change how you look at the universe. Can Unseen University's eccentric wizards and orangutan Librarian possibly shed any useful light on hard, rational Earthly science? In the course of an exciting experiment, the wizards of Discworld have accidentally created a new universe. Within this universe is a planet that they name Roundworld. Roundworld is, of course, Earth, and the universe is our own. As the wizards watch their creation grow, Terry Pratchett and acclaimed science writers Ian Stewart and Jack Cohen use Discworld to examine science from the outside. Interwoven with the Pratchett's original story are entertaining, enlightening chapters which explain key scientific principles such as the Big Bang theory and the evolution of life on earth, as well as great moments in the history of science.
- Author BiographyTERRY PRATCHETT is the acclaimed creator of the bestselling Discworld series. He has been appointed OBE and a Knight Bachelor in recognition of his services to literature. IAN STEWART is a Fellow of the Royal Society, professor of mathematics at the University of Warwick, and author of numerous books on math and popular science, as well as science fiction novels co-authored with Jack Cohen. JACK COHEN is a professor of biology and honorary professor of mathematics at the University of Warwick, and has co-authored several books with Ian Stewart.
- Author(s)Jack Cohen,Professor of Math and Gresham Professor of Geometry Ian Stewart,Terry Pratchett
- PublisherAnchor Books
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnchor Books
- Weight327 g
- Width132 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.