All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShakespeare's plays about the reign of Henry VI, written at the beginning of his career, were for a long time undervalued. This was because of doubts about their authorship and because of the difficulties of determining their theatrical provenance. However, a series of outstanding productions by the Royal Shakespeare Company and other companies has demonstrated their theatrical vitality, their conventions have been better understood in the light of new critical methods, and their invative and sceptical questioning of Elizabethan orthodoxies has been viewed in the light of revisionist readings of the history of Shakespeare's own times. This 1991 edition of The Second Part of King Henry VI takes account of discoveries concerning Shakespeare's early career, and pays particular attention to recent theatrical history, relating readings generated by modern performances to ideologically positioned accounts of the history and politics of Shakespeare's age.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/06/1991
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleThe New Cambridge Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note19 b/w illus.
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichael Hattaway
- Series Edited byProfessor Brian Gibbons,A. R. Braunmuller
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.