Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $5.95+ AU $3.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by thethreequills
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.27
About this product
- Description<b>A beautiful slipcased special edition commemorating the 10th anniversary of Sue Monk Kidd's <i>The Secret Life of Bees</i>, a heartwarming coming of age tale set in 1960s South Carolina and a multi-million copy <i>New York Times </i>bestseller as well as a Good Morning America Read This Book Club pick</b>Fans of Kathryn Stockett's<i>The Help</i> and Beth Hoffman's <i>Saving CeeCee Honeycutt </i>will love Sue Monk Kidd's Southern coming of age tale. <i>The Secret Life of Bees </i>was a <i>New York Times </i>bestseller for more than 125 weeks, a Good Morning America Read This Book Club pick and was made into an award-winning film starring Dakota Fanning, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys. Set in South Carolina in 1964, <i>The Secret Life of Bees</i> tells the story of Lily Owens, whose life has been shaped around the blurred memory of the afteron her mother was killed. When Lily's fierce-hearted black stand-in mother, Rosaleen, insults three of the town's most vicious racists, Lily decides they should both escape to Tiburon, South Carolina--a town that holds the secret to her mother's past. There they are taken in by an eccentric trio of black beekeeping sisters who introduce Lily to a mesmerizing world of bees, honey, and the Black Madonna who presides over their household. This is a remarkable story about divine female power and the transforming power of love. To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the book's debut, Penguin presents a beautiful special edition of this wonderful vel, including a new introduction by the author--a gorgeous book that women will share and pass on to their daughters for years to come.</p>
- Author BiographySUE MONK KIDD is the author of the <i>New York Times </i>bestselling novels, <i>The Secret Life of Bees</i> and <i>The Mermaid Chair</i>, and the memoirs <i>Traveling with Pomegranates</i>, which she wrote with her daughter Ann Kidd Taylor, <i>The Dance of the Dissident Daughter, When the Heart Waits</i>, as well as <i>Firstlight</i>, a collection of her early writings. <i>The Secret Life of Bees</i> has spent more than 125 weeks on the <i>New York Times</i> bestseller list and was adapted into an award-winning movie starring Dakota Fanning, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys. <i>The Mermaid Chair</i>, a #1 <i>New York Times </i>bestseller, was adapted into a television movie. Both of her novels have been translated into more than 24 languages. The recipient of numerous literary awards, Sue lives with her husband on an island off the coast of Florida.
- Author(s)Sue Monk Kidd
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication23/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight404 g
- Width137 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement10th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.