All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionSince the dawn of civilization, humans have felt compelled to engage with, understand, and control the universe. From 17,000-year-old shamanic cave paintings at Lascaux, France, to the ancient Egyptian mysteries of Isis and the strange runic inscriptions of the Vikings, the desire to harness these unseen magical powers has inspired, baffled, and seduced people everywhere. Organized thematically into four chapters-The Natural World, The Divine World, Signs and Systems, and The Mystic World-The Secrets of the Universe in 100 Symbols is a beautifully illustrated compendium of 100 diverse arcane objects, emblems, and icons that provide insight into and understanding of the mysteries of the universe. From the Aztec Calendar Stone and the Spear of Destiny to magic circles and Navaho sand paintings, each relic, representation, and code is presented and analyzed in detail to reveal the beliefs and practices of past civilizations. Astrologist Sarah Bartlett also explores what signs and symbols disclose about the deities worshipped by our ancestors, from creator gods and mother goddesses to Norse, Inca, and Hindu gods. Engaging and informative text brings to light the secrets and intrigues that surround each mysterious object and the beliefs of the people who used them, and highlights how to decode their signs and symbols.
- Author BiographyAfter studying for an art degree at Middlesex University, Sarah Bartlett went on to become a consultant astrologer, acquiring the Diploma in Psychological Astrology, an in-depth three-year professional training program that cross-fertilizes the fields of astrology, mythology, and humanistic and transpersonal psychology. She is the author of twenty nonfiction books, including the best-selling 'Mythology Bible' and 'A Brief History of Angels and Demons'.
- Author(s)Sarah Bartlett
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWoolombi
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1026 g
- Width182 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Laminated cover,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.