All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.02Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn a time when working conditions were rewned for their harsh cruelty, Harcourts' Silk Mill surpassed them all in its relentless and unforgiving regime - a regime so brutal that it sent men to an early grave and left families destitute. After these very conditions had caused his own father's death, Richard Goodwin seemed destined for the workhouse. In a final bid for freedom, he journeyed to a neighbouring town to find work in a rival mill. There he acquired the secrets and skills of the silk trade, and found that his new kwledge had also brought him power. For when their fortunes were reversed and it was the Harcourts facing severe hardship, Richard had a choice - to take revenge once and for all or to offer help and reconciliation. But could he make the right decision when Sarah Harcourt featured so heavily in his mind?
- Author BiographyMichael Legat began writing at a very early age, but most of his career was devoted to publishing. However, having worked as an editorial director for some years, in 1978 he decided to leave the trade and take up writing full time. In 1980 his first novel, Mario's Vineyard, was published and this was followed by a series of other very well received and successful works. He remained heavily involved in the publishing industry until his death in 2011, serving on various committees and was also president of two writers' circles. He was also active in pasing on his writing skills to both indivduals and by selective teaching and, of course, through his various publications and guides.
- Author(s)Michael Legat
- PublisherHouse of Stratus
- Date of Publication30/05/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationKelly Bray
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1985
- ImprintHouse of Stratus
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.