All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Small Nation Solution, eminent anthropologist John H. Bodley argues that the contemporary global problems of poverty, conflict, and environmental degradation are problems of scale and power. Bodley's solution involves keeping nations small so as to limit the power of elite directors. It is a simple idea with profound implications. He spotlights successful small nations around the world as the best working models of sustainable sociocultural systems and shows how these diverse small nations can be the building blocks of a transformed global system that could save the world.
- Author BiographyJohn H. Bodley is Regents Professor of Anthropology at Washington State University. Known for his trenchant critiques of capitalism and the elite corporate power structure, he is the author of Cultural Anthropology, 5th edition (2011), Anthropology and Contemporary Human Problems, 6th edition (2012), and Victims of Progress, 5th edition (2008), all published by AltaMira Press.
- Author(s)John H. Bodley
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/05/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Note0
- Weight590 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.