All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTry to imagine the greatest comic anthology ever. It would probably include artists like Wally Wood, Bill Griffith, Don Martin, and Denny O'Neil. And if you truly let yourself dream, it might include comics luminaries like Harvey Kurtzman, Jack Kirby, Art Spiegelman, Sergio Aragones, Moebius, and Will Eisner. But never could you imagine an anthology so grand and magnificent that it would attract the likes of William Burroughs, Frederico Fellini, Tom Wolfe, and Frank Zappa, who were legends outside of the comics world. Well, one individual actually put this grand collection together - almost. The Someday Funnies began as a small project by Michel Choquette, a young and ambitious National Lampoon editor, in the 1970s and was first conceived of as a special comics insert chronicling the 1960s for Rolling Stone magazine. However, the project took on a life of its own and seven years later Choquette found himself $300,000 in debt and with publishing partner. With dismal prospects for publication, Choquette placed the project in storage and went home to Montreal. It wasn't until over forty years later when a story about this legendary collection was published in the August 2009 edition of the Comics Journal that the public ever got a glimpse of this remarkable body of work. What was published in the article was just the beginning of the collection. Abrams ComicArts is proud to release this infamous body of work in a format that is sure to astonish.
- Author BiographyMichel Choquette is a writer and filmmaker who had a successful career as a comedian before becoming one of the first contributing editors of National Lampoon. He now teaches creative writing and screenwriting at Concordia University in Montreal, Canada.
- Author(s)Michel Choquette
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectCartoons & Comic Strips
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight2223 g
- Width140 mm
- Height394 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.