All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introduction to the sounds of Korean is designed for English-speaking students with prior kwledge of the language and includes online sound files, which demonstrate the sounds and pronunciation described. It will be an invaluable resource for students of Korean wanting to understand the basis of the current state of Korean phonetics and phology, as well as for those studying Korean linguistics. * Provides a complete and authoritative description and explanation of the current state of Korean phonetics and phology * Gives clear comparisons with English and provides practical advice on pronunciation * Provides a wealth of authentic Korean examples * Each chapter contains exercises and Did you kw? sections to help students put their kwledge into practice.
- Author BiographyJiyoung Shin is a Professor in the Department of Korean Language and Literature at Korea University, Seoul. She has published widely in Korean phonetics/phonology and is the author of Understanding Speech Sounds (2000), The Sound Pattern of Korean (2003, with Jaeeun Chaa) and Articulatory and Phonological Disorders (2007, with Sujin Kim). Jieun Kiaer is Young Bin Min-Korea Foundation University Lecturer in Korean Language and Linguistics in the Oriental Institute of the University of Oxford. Her current research is on the pragmatic aspects of syntactic architecture and the role of prosody in syntax. Jaeeun Chaa is an Associate Professor in the Department of Korean Language and Literature at Kyunggi University. She specialises in Korean phonology and the history of the Korean language and is the author of Middle Korean Phonology (1999) and The Sound Pattern of Korean (2003, with Jiyoung Shin).
- Author(s)Jaeeun Chaa,Jieun Kiaer,Jiyoung Shin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note86 b/w illus. 82 tables 79 exercises
- Weight660 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.