All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA practical handbook on diagsis and management of common sports injuries. Written for GPs, physiotherapists and sports therapists to tailor diagsis and suggested therapy, as well as for coaches and athletes, and for keen amateur sports people who want to kw what to do if they injure themselves. A clear and easy to follow design with one injury explored per page. Includes the most common lower and upper extremity injuries occurring in team sports such as football/rugby/cricket, and some n-team sports injuries (tennis, running, swimming, skiing). Many people with a sports injury end up giving up exercising or cause further damage because their injury isn't treated properly - either treated as 'n-urgent' because it was caused by sporting activity, or treatment is delayed because of long waiting times, or GPs/physios are unsure of the diagsis and treatment of sports injuries. GPs usually immediately refer sports injuries to consultants, with a long waiting list for consultation/scan. This means patients suffer for longer, give up exercising and often cause more damage by t following an exercise programme in the meantime. This book will offer diagsis and how to treat/investigate and refer. Training advice during convalescence will also be given.
- Author BiographyProfessor Christer Rolf is Executive Director of Sheffield Centre for Sports Medicine - the only centre for sports medicine in the UK, and a department of the University of Sheffield. As a surgeon specialising in sports injuries he treats numerous top athletes and recreational sports people.
- Author(s)Christer G. Rolf
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/10/2007
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2007
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Notephotos and line drawings
- Weight624 g
- Width189 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.