All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe Student Practitioner in Early Childhood Studies: An essential guide to working with children provides accessible support and guidance for Early Childhood Studies students in higher education who may have little, if any, experience of relating to young children in the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage One. With useful chapter summaries, activities and reflection points to help readers track their academic journey, this text draws on the experiences of students on the degree programme for the benefit of students new to practice. It will: * prepare students for the challenges of practice * provide a synthesis of academic kwledge and practice skills * develop students' critically reflective thinking and understanding relational pedagogy and the needs of young children * provide the emerging student practitioner in higher education with kwledge, skills, understanding and confidence to relate effectively with young children and adults in settings Fully supporting students' practice experience and development of their critical thinking, this helpful book synthesises theory and practice in an applied and critical manner. The authors cover a range of themes including critical reflection, relational pedagogy, confidence building, communication skills, personal and professional development and employability alongside academic writing and research skills. This textbook is essential reading for students on all Early Childhood degree programmes.
- Author BiographyRuby Oates is an assistant subject head, overseeing two undergraduate degrees, Early Childhood Studies and Education Studies, at the University of Derby, UK. Christine Hey is a senior lecturer on the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies Programme at the University of Derby, UK, and an Early Years teacher.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byChristine Hey,Ruby Oates
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.