All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionTortoises are fascinating animals. Unfortunately, many tortoise species are difficult to keep healthy in captivity, which is contrary to what a lot of people thought in the past. Lack of kwledge among tortoise owners ensures that the average age of animals in captivity is a lot lower than the natural life expectancy of tortoises. It is only to be expected that most enthusiasts have problems getting tortoises to reproduce in captivity. The good news is that a lot more information has become available about the different species. Species which were classified as 'impossible to keep' ten years ago are w being bred successfully.The Internet also ensures a better availability of information about these fascinating animals. This book provides the vital basic information, so that vice or future tortoise owners kw how to care for a tortoise in a responsible manner. You should realise that buying a tortoise must be a well-considered choice. Because of the large diversity, it is impossible to include all the species-specific things in this book. Before buying a tortoise, inform yourself about the best care for this species. Do t become misled by the beauty of certain species, but choose a species which is within your possibilities. Do t just rely on this book for information, but also ask other tortoise enthusiasts, e.g. from a reptile association.
- PublisherTFH Publications
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationHants
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKingdom Books,Havant
- Content Notefull colour throughout
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.