All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe fascinating story of Joshua Chamberlain and his volunteer regiment, the Twentieth Maine, is reprinted with a new foreword by Civil War historian and UCLA professor Joan Waugh. Pullen's classic and highly acclaimed book tells how Chamberlain and his men fought at Antietam, Fredericksburg, and Chancellorsville on their way to the pivotal battle of Gettysburg. There, on July 2, 1863, at Little Round Top, they heroically saved the left flank of the Union battle line. The Twentieth Maine's remarkable story ends with the surrender of Lee's troops at Appomattox.
- Author BiographyJohn J. Pullen is the author of The Twentieth Maine, a modern literary classic that is still in print after 40 years. Also by Pullen: A Shower of Stars: The Medal of Honor and the 27th Maine.
- Author(s)John J. Pullen
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note17 b/w photos & 10 maps
- Weight426 g
- Width140 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.