All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionWhen George Best, a dark-haired skinny teenager from Belfast, made his United debut in the autumn of 1963, he was joining a club still recovering from the horrors of Munich. Among his team-mates were goalscorer supreme Denis Law and England midfielder Bobby Charlton. Together they would combine to help United to win two league titles and a long-awaited European Cup as the Reds came to personify all that was most exciting about the Swinging Sixties. By 1968, all three men would have been houred as European Footballer of the Year - the only time three winners of that award have lined up in the same side. In David Meek's compelling portrait of the United Trinity, he t only reveals their different characters and what made them so successful on the pitch, he also speaks to many of their team-mates to find out what it was like playing in the same side and researches contemporary reports to assess how they were viewed at the time. Having reported on their entire careers together, Meek has a unique insight into what made Best, Law and Charlton stand out as the truly special players they were.
- Author BiographyDavid Meek took over as the Manchester Evening News correspondent covering Manchester United in the aftermath of the Munich Air Disaster in 1958. He has worked closely with the club ever since, and still ghosts Sir Alex Ferguson's matchday programme comments.
- Author(s)David Meek
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/08/2016
- Content Note8pp b-w photographs
- Weight526 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine1 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.