All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a contribution to the study of the linguistic concept of gender. It focuses on the problem of assigning gender to animal uns. This problem is topical in view of the fact that in present-day English, gender is a marginal grammatical category and therefore recedes into the background in descriptions of today's English. Grammatical gender is a rare topic of research, scientific discussions or papers. The detailed analysis of gender assignment to animal names is based on two subcorpora: the English edition of National Geographic and the English edition of the Journal of Zoology. The book closes with a contrastive analysis of gender markers.
- Author BiographyLudmila Zemkova is an Assistant Professor in the Department of English at the Faculty of Education, University of South Bohemia, Ceske Budejovice. She studied at the Faculty of Arts at Masaryk University in Brno. Her research interests include the linguistic concept of gender and gender in present-day English.
- Author(s)Ludmila Zemkova
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication27/02/2016
- Series TitleDuisburger Arbeiten zur Sprach und Kulturwissenschaft Duisburg Papers on Research in Language and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number112
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight330 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.