All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book which deals with the ecomics of diamonds, specifically with the determinants of diamond prices. The period of analysis, 1978-1983, was chosen in order to shed light on the dramatic drop in diamond prices. The dominant variables causing this drop were the varying price of gold and fluctuating interest rates. Khoury helps the investor in making long-range decisions about investing in diamonds and deciding on the form the investment should take. He warns of the importance to understand the sensitivities of the market and the factors which must be taken into consideration before commitments to an investment in diamonds are made. The book includes: a quick review of the characteristics of diamonds, the financial performance of DeBeers in a declining market, the ecomic structure of the diamond industry, the method for exercising ecomic control over the diamond market, the ecomic variables influencing diamond prices, and the modeling of diamond prices and the testing of the model using advanced statistical methods.
- Author BiographySARKIS J. KHOURY is Professor of Finance at the University of California, Riverside. He has conducted several seminars on banking, financial planning, and international finance. Khoury has written thirteen books dealing with international finance, speculative markets, international banking, investments, and mathematics of finance and numerous articles, some of which were published in leading journals in the United States.
- Author(s)Sarkis J. Khoury
- Date of Publication26/03/1990
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight476 g
- Width161 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.