All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoan Brookhyser Hogan is a registered dietician who has packed her new book, The VEGETARIAN DIET FOR KIDNEY DISEASE, with clearly stated, up-to-date information on the most effective methods for managing kidney disease. Her focus on vegetarian nutrition comes from a growing awareness of its value in wrestling kidney disease down to size or, in the best-case scenario, stopping the progression of this destructive disease in its tracks. This valuable book has a great deal of specific information to assist you in implementing, or continuing, a plant-based diet that can help, t harm, the health of your kidneys. Hogan first outlines the benefits of vegetarianism and follows that with chapters on the stages of kidney disease, on common problems associated with the disease and on the relationship of this disease to other disorders. An enlightening discussion of the link between kidneys and diet precedes a diet plan that, also, includes herbs, supplements and other natural products, with a final chapter on detailed meal plans and recipes providing the core of the author's programme. Along with numerous, detailed tables and graphs and a smattering of case histories sprinkled throughout, there are Appendices, Resources and References situated in back that serve to round out the guidelines and highlight the benefits of this relevant book that anyone with chronic kidney disease will find useful, even indispensable.
- Author BiographyAuthor is a registered dietitian and board-certified renal nutrition specialist. As a clinical dietitican for thirty years, she has extensive experience in teaching and implementing plant-based nutritional programs for those with chronic disease.
- Author(s)Joan Brookhyser Hogan
- PublisherBasic Health Publications
- Date of Publication22/11/2009
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationNorth Bergen,NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Health Publications
- Out-of-print date29/05/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight350 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.