All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.68
- AU $44.58Trending at AU $48.27
- AU $10.72Trending at AU $16.64
- AU $22.81Trending at AU $28.35
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $34.90
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $48.75
About this product
- DescriptionFrom birth to death, human beings are hardwired to connect to other human beings. Face-to-face contact matters: tight bonds of friendship and love heal us, help children learn, extend our lives, and make us happy. Looser in-person bonds matter too, combining with our close relationships to form a personal village around us, one that exerts unique effects. Marrying the findings of the new field of social neuroscience together with gripping human stories, Susan Pinker explores the impact of face-to-face contact from cradle to grave, from city to Sardinian mountain village, from classroom to workplace, from love to marriage to divorce. Most of us have left the literal village behind and don't want to give up our new techlogies to go back there. But, as Pinker writes so compellingly, we need close social bonds and uninterrupted face time with our friends and families in order to thrive-even to survive. Creating our own village effect can make us happier. It can also save our lives.
- Author BiographySusan Pinker is a developmental psychologist, journalist, and award-winning author. Her first book, The Sexual Paradox, won the William James Book Award, the American Psychological Association's most prestigious literary prize, and has been published in seventeen countries. Susan lives in Montreal, Canada, with her family. Visit her at susanpinker.com. Donna Postel is fascinated by all kinds of stories and loves telling them. From memoir and biography to literary fiction, romance, mystery, and suspense, Donna uses her innate curiosity, talent, and decades of experience on stage and in the recording studio to bring books to life.
- Author(s)Susan Pinker
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication08/09/2014
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Donna Postel
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time677
- Edition StatementUnabridged CD
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.