All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $51.57
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past 25 years, more than 100 companies that were failing, t making eugh money or simply struggling to achieve their true potential, turned to David Lord to learn how to make their businesses work better, make more money and generate additional cash. David showed them how to transform their businesses' systems of work into visual ones, resulting in improved employee involvement, quality, productivity and profitability. Now, David's book shows exactly what he does to change struggling businesses into thriving ones, by employing the Visual System of Work. Using a 90-day implementation guide, the author gives practical, step-by-step instructions about how to make the work processes of a business visible, beginning with the collection of concrete data about how a business actually operates in the present time (rather than relying on peoples' perceptions) and ending with ways to review, maintain and continuously improve the business' (w newly transformed and invigorated) visual system of work. In between, the author walks you through each step of clear-cut exercises and assessments designed to revolutionize, revitalize and transform a business. Directives include how to solidify core values, identify key Lead and Lag measures, set up a war room and communicate information throughout the organization. David provides eight practical tools for helping a business get better including a Strategic Planning Sheet, a System of Work Diagram, a Scoreboard Sheet and (2) Time Management Sheets. The 7-Step Process of Improving Throughput Performance helps businesses define and solve problems by identifying constraints ( slowdowns ) within the flow of work. Once constraints are recognized, the reasons for them ( interferences ) can be reduced or eliminated. A book about visual systems should be visually attractive, and this one is, using plenty of photos and illustrations as well as an engaging variety and size of fonts. Pertinent quotes and interesting factoids are sprinkled among the straightforward information in just the right mix to keep the book flowing, easy to understand and a fast (under two hours) read. Inspiring and practical, this book is a valuable resource for any business interested in working better, making more money and generating additional cash.
- Author BiographyDavid T. Lord is a business consultant, coach and facilitator with over 25 years of experience working with businesses of all types and sizes. David helps a company identify the processes that need improvement, then, shows how to make the improvements a reality. David's particular area of expertise is visual management for enhancing communication and accelerating project completion. His method and tools show companies how to develop business cultures that continuously improve while being committed to employees and customers. David's book, The Visual System of Work: Help Your business Work Better, Make Money and Generate Cash, A 90 Day Implementation Guide, outlines the method and tools. Over 100 businesses have utilized David's method and tools in the past 25 years...many continuing their journey with him today.
- Author(s)David T Lord
- PublisherDavid Lord
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDavid Lord
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byLolo a Lord
- Illustrator(s)Jerry Hutchinson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.