CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionAbsurd, original and highly addictive ...In Their Brilliant Careers, Ryan O'Neill has written a hilarious vel in the guise of sixteen biographies of (invented) Australian writers. Meet Rachel Deverall, who unearthed the secret source of the great literature of our time - and paid a terrible price for her discovery. Meet Rand Washington, hugely popular sci-fi author (of Whiteman of Cor) and inveterate racist. Meet Addison Tiller, master of the bush yarn, The Chekhov of Coolabah , who never travelled outside Sydney. Their Brilliant Careers is a playful set of stories, linked in many ways, which together form a memorable whole. A wonderful comic tapestry of the writing life, this unpredictable and intriguing work takes Australian writing in a whole new direction.
- Author BiographyRyan O'Neill is the author of The Weight of a Human Heart. He was born in Glasgow in 1975 and has lived in Africa, Europe and Asia before settling in Newcastle, Australia, with his wife and two daughters. His fiction has appeared in The Best Australian Stories, The Sleepers Almanac, Meanjin, New Australian Stories, Wet Ink, Etchings and Westerly. His work has won the Hal Porter and Roland Robinson awards and been shortlisted for the Queensland Premier's Steele Rudd Award and the Age Short-Story Prize. He teaches at the University of Newcastle.
- Author(s)Ryan O'Neill
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width136 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.