All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionOnce again, it gives me a great pleasure to pen the Foreword to the Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Thermal Conductivity. As in the past, these w biannual conferences pro- vide a broadly based forum for those researchers actively working on this important property of matter to convene on a regular basis to exchange their experiences and report their findings. As it is apparent from the Table of Contents, the 15th Conference represents perhaps the broadest coverage of subject areas to date. This is indicative of the times as the boundaries between disciplines be- come increasingly diffused. I am sure the time has come when Con- ference Chairmen in coming years will be soliciting contributions t only in the physical sciences and engineering', but will actively seek contributions from the earth sciences and life sciences as well. Indeed, the thermal conductivity and related properties of geological and biological materials are becoming of increasing im- portance to our way of life. As it can be seen from the summary table, unfortunately, proceedings have been published only for six of the fifteen con- ferences. It is hoped that hereafter this Series will become increasingly well kwn and be recognized as a major vehicle for the reporting of research on thermal conductivity.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2013
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight880 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byV. V. Mirkovich
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.