Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionWith new and more stringent standards addressing emission reduction and fuel ecomy, the importance of a well-developed engine thermal management system becomes even greater. With about 30% of the fuel intake energy dissipated through the cooling system and ather 30% through the exhaust system, it is to be expected that serious research has been dedicated to this field. Thermal Management in Automotive Applications, edited by Dr. T. Yomi Obidi, brings together a focused collection of SAE technical papers on the subject. It offers insights into how thermal management impacts the efficiency of engines in heavy vehicles, the effects of better coolant flow control, and the use of smart thermostat and next-generation cooling pumps. It also provides an in-depth analysis of the possible gains in optimum warm-up sequence and thermal management on a small gasoline engine. With continuously increasing gadgetry in modern vehicles, the average temperature in the engine compartment has seen significant increase. It is important to be able to divert the heat away from passengers as well as from some components that may be negatively impacted by excessive temperatures. Thermal Management in Automotive Applications points out solutions to this challenge, including material and design options.
- PublisherSAE International
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationWarrendale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAE International
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byT. Yomi Obidi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.