All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionJack Palms is more interested in tuning up his vintage Mustang than starring in action films these days. Along with his failed marriage and plenty of bad habits, Jack abandoned his acting career three years ago and life's just the way Jack wants it: boring. But picking up where Jack Wakes Up left off, Jack w finds himself in the middle of a whodunit in the seedy red-light district of San Francisco's North Beach. Young girls, shipped as merchandise from Balkan countries and sold to city heavyweights, are turning up dead and one kws why. And closer to home, a crooked cop steps out of Jack's past and into his backyard, taking potshots from the bushes at midnight. Sergeant Mills Hopkins, SFPD, thinks someone big is responsible for the bodies and the bullet holes. And if Jack is going to find out who's pulling the triggers, he'll have to forget about the quiet life and act more like an action hero.
- Author BiographySeth Harwood, a graduate of the Iowa Writers' Workshop at the University of Iowa, was born in Boston and has lived in Cambridge, New York, St. Louis, and Iowa City. He currently lives in San Francisco, where he teaches writing at Stanford and CCSF. Author of three previous works of fiction, Seth has also written for publication in the Cambridge Chronicle & TAB, contributed to the Open Culture blog, and written for the San Francisco Chronicle, where he regularly reviews crime fiction. Marilyn Stasio, reviewing Seth's debut, Jack Wakes Up, for The New York Times, praised its vitality and a spirit of rebellion. George Pelecanos, author and contributor to HBO's The Wire, named Seth's second novel, Young Junius, one of the best books of 2010. When he's not writing or teaching, Seth swims, boxes, and occasionally haunts the basketball courts of San Francisco.
- Author(s)Seth Harwood
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication19/02/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas & Mercer
- Weight363 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.