All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOf all the materials on this planet, wood is the most beloved. Heavy wooden timbers artfully crafted into a sturdy house frame held together with mortise and ten joinery delight the eye and warm the spirit. Over 200 striking color photos and more than 100 line drawings introduce the reader to the advantages of merging traditional timber frame construction with modern, conventional building materials to create stunning hybrid homes for the twenty-first century. These homes blend the beauty of wood and the comfort of conventional building materials. The engaging text provides a detailed history of timber frame construction, details the range of choices available in timber frame hybrid construction, and provides a sweeping photographic essay of fifty building projects representing a wide range of approaches to configurations, styles, surfaces, finishes, and budgets.
- Author BiographyAnthony Zaya is the president and cofounder of Lancaster County Timber Frames, Inc. He has been timber framing since 1986 and has written many articles on the subject.\nTim Diener designs timber frames with Lancaster County Timber Frames.
- Author(s)Anthony F. Zaya,Tim Diener
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note215 color & 106 b/w photos
- Weight1140 g
- Width217 mm
- Height289 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.