Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.48+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToo big to miss--that's Odelia Grey. A never-married, middle-aged, plus-sized woman who makes excuses for her weight, she's t super woman just a mere mortal standing on the precipice of mepause, trying to cruise in an ill-fitting bra. She struggles with her relationships, her crazy family, and her crazier boss. And then there''s her knack for being in close proximity to dead people . . . . When her close friend Sophie London commits suicide in front of an online web-cam by putting a gun in her mouth and pulling the trigger, Odelia's life is changed forever. Sophie, a plus-sized activist and inspiration to imperfect women, is the last person anyone would ever have expected to end her own life. Suspecting foul play, Odelia is determined to get to the bottom of her friend's death. Odelia's search for the truth takes her from southern California strip malls to the world of live web-cam porn to the ritzy enclave of Corona del Mar. Praise: I'd like to spend more time with Sue Ann Jaffarian's Odelia, a plus-size fat-liberationist with a handsome wheelchair-bound lover. Odelia...does t hesitate to give justice a small, well-plotted forward shove at every opportunity. --The New York Times [Odelia] is an intriguing character, a true counter against stereotype, who demonstrates that life can be good, even in a world where thin is always in. --Booklist Balancing her professional skills as a paralegal with her self-doubt as a sleuth, Odelia is one of the most believable amateur detectives in recent fiction. Beautifully plotted and carefully crafted, this is a marvelous start to an exciting new series. Strongly recommended. --Library Journal With a cast of diverse characters, an intriguing plot, and a credible heroine, this is an enjoyable read. --Mystery Scene Plus-size reading pleasure--try this one on! --Lee Child, New York Times bestselling author Sue Ann Jaffarian does a masterful job in creating the character of a plus-size woman, with different shades of angst, humor, verve, and sensualness. Once you get to kw Odelia Grey, you'll love her. I kw I do. --Naomi Hirahara, Edgar-winning author of Snakeskin Shamisen Too Big To Miss is too good to miss, a fun-filled romp that introduces the delightful Odelia Grey and leaves you anxious for more of her. Odelia's definitely worth her weight in reading enjoyment. --Robert S. Levinson, author of Ask a Dead Man, Hot Paint, and The Elvis and Marilyn Affair A plus-sized thumbs up. Jaffarian's a new sharpshooter in crime fiction, so set your sights on this Odelia Grey mystery for a tightly coiled intrigue that targets a sexy shocker. --Brian M. Wiprud, award-winning author of Pipsqueak and Stuffed On one level, Too Big To Miss is a classic, fast-paced mystery; on ather, it's a passport into a world we either inhabit or live next-door to, but rarely see in popular fiction. Sue Ann Jaffarian breaks rules and breaks ground, with humor, insight and compassion. --Harley Jane Kozak, Agatha, Anthony and Macavity Award winning author of Dating Dead Men and Dating is Murder
- Author BiographySue Ann Jaffarian is a full-time paralegal who lives and works in Los Angeles. A member of Mystery Writers of America and Sisters In Crime, Sue Ann is the author of three mystery series—Odelia Grey, Ghost of Granny Apples, and Madison Rose—and also writes general fiction and short stories. She is widely sought after as a motivational and humorous speaker. For the most up-to-date list of all Sue Ann's activities, visit the calendar page at www.sueannjaffarian.com. *** Sue Ann Jaffarian never fails to make me chuckle with her three mystery series starring paralegal Odelia Grey, ghost Granny Apples, and now Murder in Vein, starring friendly, and not-so-friendly, neighborhood vampires. —Joanne Fluke, New York Times bestselling author of the Hannah Swensen Mysteries
- Author(s)Sue Ann Jaffarian
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/03/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.