All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis quintet of essays examines the reasons why music education should be transformed, investigates the nature of education and musical transformation, and suggests alternative educational models and strategies. Estelle Jorgensen frames her argument for new approaches against the backdrop of historical musical and educational practice and draws on literature from various fields. Transforming Music Education is addressed to current and future music teachers, those who train them, and all who are interested in revolutionizing music education.
- Author BiographyEstelle R. Jorgensen is Professor of Music at Indiana University, where she teaches courses in the foundation of music education. She is editor of Philosophy of Music Education Review, author of In Search of Music Education, and a frequent contributor to leading journals in music education.
- Author(s)Estelle R. Jorgensen
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication20/12/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCounterpoints: Music and Education
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight302 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.