All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's t what students kw, but what they do with what they kw that is important Schools are changing in response to this reality, and in Transforming Schools Using Project-Based Learning, Performance Assessment, and Common Core Standards, Bob Lenz, Justin Wells, and Sally Kingston draw on the example of the Envision Education schools, as well as other leading schools around the country, to show how the concept of deeper learning can meet the need for students who are both college and career ready and engaged in their own education. In this book, the authors explain how project-based learning can blend with Common Core-aligned performance assessment for deeper learning. You'll discover how many schools have successfully made the transition from traditional, teacher-centered learning to project-based, deeper learning and find many practical ideas for implementation. * Companion DVD and website include videos showing how to implement deeper learning strategies in the classroom * Evidence-based descriptions show why deeper learning is right for students * Performance assessment experts explain how to align assessments with Common Core by shifting the emphasis from kwing to doing * Extensive game plan section provides step-by-step guidance for change Schools are complex organizations, and transformation involves all of the stakeholders, from students to superintendents. But as this book shows, there are amazing benefits to be realized when everyone commits to diving deeper into learning.
- Author BiographyBob Lenz is cofounder and Chief of Innovation of Envision Education, which includes Envision Schools, and Envision Learning Partners. Justin Wells is a founding English teacher of Envision Schools. Sally Kingston, PhD, is the Senior Education Analyst at Applied Engineering Management Corporation.
- Author(s)Bob Lenz,Justin Wells,Sally Kingston
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight540 g
- Width179 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.