All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionTranslating Virginia Woolf is a collection of essays that discusses the theory and practice of translation from an interdisciplinary perspective, involving research areas such as literature, linguistics, sociolinguistics, cultural studies, and history. It is the outcome of a selection of papers given at the international conference by the same title, held at the University of Naples 'L'Orientale' in 2010. Interweaving literary threads and target languages such as Arabic, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, German, Italian, Serbian, Spanish, and Swedish, this volume traces the history of the translation and reception of Woolf's fiction and feminist pamphlets. It investigates the strategies of translation of several of her works in different countries and cultural contexts through the contrastive analysis of one or more editions of the same Woolfian text. The final result is a symphony of languages, spreading the tes of Virginia Woolf's modernist and feminist discourse across Europe and beyond.
- Author BiographyOriana Palusci is Full Professor of English at the University of Naples 'L'Orientale'. Her publications include volumes and articles on Translation Studies, World Englishes, Utopia, Gender Studies, Postcolonial Studies. On Woolf she has authored Le dimore del tempo. Mrs Dalloway, Orlando, Mrs Woolf (1996) and has edited La tipografia nel salotto: saggi su Virginia Woolf (1999). In the field of Translation and Gender, she has edited: Traduttrici. Questioni di gender nelle letterature in lingua inglese (2010) and Traduttrici. Female Voices across Languages (2011).
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication28/11/2012
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleIRIS Ricerche di Cultura Europea/Forschungen zur Europaischen Kultur
- Series Part/Volume Number27
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight350 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byOriana Palusci
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.