All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.83Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe volume places the migration-development-security nexus in the field of transnational studies. Rather than treating these three categories as self-evident, the essays excavate aspects of power and privilege built into their governing frameworks and conflicting rationales apparent in practices of control. Bringing together diverse experiences and case studies, the volume highlights the problematic nature of maintaining distinct and disconnected frameworks of governance. It argues for a new approach that demonstrates the significance and usefulness of comparative ethics in conceptualising migration from a human-centered and gendered perspective in order to address the multi-facetted and multi-dimensional nature and meanings of security .
- Author BiographyThanh-Dam Truong is co-ordinator of the research group on Migration and Human Security and Associate Professor in Women, Gender and Development Studies at the International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Many of her publications address the nexus of gender, migration and human security, including: Sex, Money and Morality: Prostitution and Tourism in Southeast Asia. Des Gasper is Professor of Human Development, Development Ethics and Public Policy at the International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Nether-lands. Previous work includes: (with Raymond Apthorpe): Arguing Development Policy - Frames and Discourses (London: Frank Cass, 1996).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication02/08/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleHexagon Series on Human and Environmental Security and Peace
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight800 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDes Gasper,Thanh-Dam Truong
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.