All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first two chapters of this book offer a modern, self-contained exposition of the elementary theory of triangulated categories and their quotients. The simple, elegant presentation of these kwn results makes these chapters eminently suitable as a text for graduate students. The remainder of the book is devoted to new research, providing, among other material, some remarkable improvements on Brown's classical representability theorem. In addition, the author introduces a class of triangulated categories --the well generated triangulated categories --and studies their properties. This exercise is particularly worthwhile in that many examples of triangulated categories are well generated, and the book proves several powerful theorems for this broad class. These chapters will interest researchers in the fields of algebra, algebraic geometry, homotopy theory, and mathematical physics.
- Author BiographyAmnon Neeman holds a Ph.D. in algebraic geometry from Harvard University. He has taught at Princeton University and the University of Virginia and is currently Senior Visiting Fellow at the Australian National University in Canberra. He has published widely on derived and triangulated categories.
- Author(s)Amnon Neeman
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication03/01/2001
- Series TitleAnnals of Mathematics Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 148
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight628 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.