All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe first-century Jewish woman Miriam of Nazareth, mother of Jesus, proclaimed in faith to be Theotokos, the God-bearer, is the most celebrated female religious figure in the Christian tradition. So varied and manifold are the traditions about Mary, both popular and scholarly, that some would speak of Mary as a collective un or refer, in George Tavard's memorable title, to The Thousand Faces of the Virgin Mary . In her long-awaited book on Mary, which forms a diptych with Friends of God and Prophets , Elizabeth Johnson offers an interpretation of Mary that is theologically sound, spiritually empowering, ethically challenging, socially liberating, and ecumenically fruitful. In particular, she construes the image of Mary so as to be a source of blessing rather than blight for women's lives in both religious and political terms.
- Author BiographyElizabeth A. Johnson, C.S.J., is Distinguished Professor of Theology at Fordham University, Bronx, New York. She is the author of many books including the lauded Friends of God and Prophets.
- Author(s)Elizabeth A. Johnson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/03/2006
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.