All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey were young, they were Australian, they were Army engineers and they were the first allied soldiers to risk their lives in the darkness of the Vietcong tunnels of South Vietnam. Staring death squarely in the face every day, t only did they follow their enemy down into these unkwn underground labyrinths, but matched the Vietcong's jungle warfare skills and defused thousands of their clever booby traps. Off duty, it was a different story. The bad boys of 3 Field Troop were a boozing, brawling, bonking bunch of larrikins, who cut a swathe through the bars and brothels of Saigon, fought American Military Police to a standstill, built a secret casi and booby-trapped their own HQ to teach their officers a lesson. Thrilling, inspiring and action-packed, this is the true story of the unsung heroes of Australia's war in Vietnam. Living up to their motto of 'We Make and We Break', they created the legend of the Tunnel Rats.
- Author BiographyJimmy Thomson's most recent book is Snitch: Crooked cops and Kings Cross crims. Sandy MacGregor commanded 3 Field Troop in Vietnam, where he won the Military Cross.
- Author(s)Jimmy Thomson
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication09/01/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Note16pp b+w photos
- Weight254 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.