All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionIs Turkey on the way to meet the ecomic Copenhagen criteria? The enlargement process that the European Union faced the last decade stirred the debate again about the role Turkey has to play and whether or t Turkey should be part of the European Union. While the enlargement with the Central and East European countries of the former Soviet Union was a logical process, given the strong trade relationships and the political and historical context of these countries, the potential enlargement with Turkey is much more complex and controversial. The main invation of the present study is that it unravels the complexity of the Turkish case by approaching the problem from different angles in a comprehensive way. In particular, by tuning in on the historic, political and ecomic processes, new insights are obtained about the feasibility of Turkish accession to the EU. By combining lessons from the existing literature, the use of new data and the analysis of the political ecomic processes, a new perspective on the enlargement question - with the key Copenhagen criteria used as a corner stone - is offered.
- Author BiographyEric Faucompret is Professor of International Relations, University of Antwerp, Belgium. Jozef Konings is Professor of Economics at the Catholic University of Leuven (KUL), Belgium.
- Author(s)Eric Faucompret,Jozef Konings
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/05/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Middle Eastern Economies
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 51 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.