All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionSince the turn of the millennium, various ways of turning to practice have resurfaced as major concerns of organisational researchers. And once again, the call is out for relevant and actionable kwledge among management and organisational researchers. This book shows how action research and related approaches have turned to practice by developing kwledge both from practice and for practice without giving up on theoretical and methodological ambitions. Contributions from Norway, Ireland, France, and the USA are included, relating action based approaches to other more mainstream methodological and theoretical approaches. How can practical alternatives to both explanatory and interpretative approaches be developed? How can we devise methods that actually support both practical change and creation of valid kwledge? How can we include local kwledge in the research process? The authors - all organisation researchers - present different answers but are united in addressing and discussing urgent questions like these.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Benedicte Brogger is an anthropologist currently working as a postdoctoral fellow at the Norwegian School of Management Bl with an affiliation with the Work Research Institute in Oslo. Olav Eikeland is a philosopher currently working as research director and professor of education and work research at the Akershus University College (Norway). Both editors have for many years previously worked as researchers at the Work Research Institute in Oslo.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleArbeit, Bildung & Gesellschaft Labour, Education & Society
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note6, 3 fig., 3 tables
- Weight540 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBenedicte Brogger,Olav Eikeland
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.