All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIdeas and concepts have been a driving force in human progress, and they may be the most important legacy of the United Nations. UN ideas have set past, present, and future international agendas in many global ecomic and social arenas and have also led to initiatives and actions that have improved the quality of human life. This capstone volume draws upon findings of the other 14 books in the acclaimed United Nations Intellectual History Project Series. The authors t only assess the development and implementation of UN ideas regarding sustainable ecomic development and human security, but also apply lessons learned to suggest ways in which the United Nations can play a fuller role in confronting the challenges of human survival with dignity in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyRichard Jolly is Honorary Professor and Research Associate of the Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex. Louis Emmerij is Senior Research Fellow at The CUNY Graduate Center.Thomas G. Weiss is Presidential Professor of Political Science at The CUNY Graduate Center and Director of the Ralph Bunche Institute for International Studies.
- Author(s)Louis Emmerij,Richard Jolly,Thomas G. Weiss
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleUnited Nations Intellectual History Project Series
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Foreword byKofi A. Annan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.