Understanding Clinical Research by Renato D. Lopes, Robert A. Harrington (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $71.46Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a complete guide to understanding and applying clinical research results. Ideal for both researchers and health care providers, Understanding Clinical Research addresses both the operational challenges of clinical trials and the needs of clinicians to comprehend the nuances of research methods to accurately analyze study results. This timely resource covers all aspects of clinical trials - from study design and statistics to regulatory oversight - and it delivers a detailed yet streamlined overview of must-kw research topics. The text features an accessible three-part organization that traces the evolution of clinical research and explains the bedrock principles and unique challenges of clinical experimentation and observational research. Reinforcing this content are real-life case examples - drawn from the authors' broad experience - that put chapter concepts into action and contribute to a working kwledge of integral research techniques. Features: the most definitive guide to promoting excellence in clinical research, designed to empower health care providers to assess a study's strengths and weaknesses with confidence and apply this kwledge to optimize patient outcomes; and in-depth coverage of fundamental research methods and protocols from preeminent authorities provides readers with an instructive primer and a springboard for ongoing clinical research education. Clear, comprehensive three-part organization: section one: Evolution of Clinical Research offers a succinct history of clinical trials, drug regulations, and the role of the FDA while covering the impact of information techlogy and academic research organizations; section two: Principles of Clinical Experimentation takes you through the typical phases of clinical trials in the development of medical products, from initial human subject research to post approval surveillance studies; and section three: Observational Research highlights the underlying principles, pitfalls, and methods for case-control studies, cohort studies, registries, and subgroup analyses within randomized trials.
- Author(s)Renato D. Lopes,Robert A. Harrington
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleUnderstanding
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Medical
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, figures, graphs
- Weight365 g
- Width162 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.