All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionEthics is at the heart of nursing practice and an understanding of it and what it means for nursing is essential from early in the career of any nurse. However, ethical concepts can be hard to grasp for those new to the subject. This book explains ethical ideas in easy to understand terms and relates ethics to day-to-day nursing situations to help readers apply principles to their practice. The book also challenges readers to consider their own values and where ethics fits into who they are and how they behave. Key features include: - an introductory guide to ethics to help students and those new to the subject understand how it applies to nursing - the linking of each chapter to the latest NMC standards relating to ethical issues - case studies and scenarios that show how to resolve real ethical dilemmas - activities throughout to challenge readers to apply what they have learnt to their own practice.
- Author BiographyPeter Ellis is Nursing Director at Hospice in the Weald, Pembury, Kent. Prior to this he was Senior Lecturer in Nursing at Canterbury Christ Church University, where he taught on pre-registration, post-registration and Master's level courses. Peter's clinical background is in renal nursing. Peter has taught at universities since 1998 and has particular expertise in research design, evidence-based nursing, renal nursing, leadership and ethics. Peter has been writing on nursing issues since 1990 and is author of four books in the Transforming Nursing Practice series.
- Author(s)Peter Ellis
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleTransforming Nursing Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.