All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionA Unique Journey to Understanding is a marvelous journey through the poetry and art of V.J. Kohli. A learned man with an English Hors and a Masters degree in Liberal Arts, V.J. is also presently working towards a PhD in metaphysical research. Though a student of the sciences, V.J's inspiration to create spiritually meaningful sketches happened upon him while he was nursing his father, who had been suffering from an advanced cancer. This urge lasted for fifteen weeks, during which time he created approximately four hundred sketches; stopping suddenly once his father passed away. Understanding is a creation of the highest art, born of that period in his life when V.J. was most vulnerable. This stunning collection shares what he has come to understand, and continues to learn, with people around the world. The pages are full of the enlightened poetry expressing the nature of life, existence, reality, humanity, death and the spirit. Beside each artfully crafted poem, is a corresponding sketch; conceptual in nature, minimalist in execution, and flawless in its design. Despite being surrounded by sadness and the feeling of inevitable death, the themes of the sketches are positive and of carefree abandon. Unlike other books that fall within this genre, V.J.'s ground breaking idea of pairing poetry with art is particularly poignant in helping translate to others those things in life which are the most difficult to understand. The interactive second half of the book, invites the reader to practice drawing the concepts written within the poetry themselves; clears the path for an active, enlightened, and participatory self discovery.
- Author BiographyV.J. has earned an English Honors & Masters in Philosophy from Saor Ollscoil na hEireann Dublin. and is currently completing a PhD research in Physics and Metaphysics. He has never had any formal training in art, but has been sketching since the age of 4. A very strong urge to create spiritually meaningful sketches arose in V.J. While nursing his father who was suffering from an advanced illness. This urge lasted for 7 weeks, during which period he made about 400 sketches, and stopped suddenly once his father passed away. Despite being surrounded by sadness they appear to be of a positive nature. Now, this urge to draw comes often - especially when he visits a place of worship and believes he is a spiritualist and not merely religious. V. J. states that the images start appearing in his imagination defined with lines or thoughts. This lasts for a few days and then disappears again. While this urge lasts, he also gets the feeling that the sketching is happening by itself, and that he is merely a witness to the whole process of drawing. There is an overpowering desire to visually understand what Reality is. V.J. is also the Founder and member of Interfaith Round Table in Ireland and is the recipient of an 'Ambassador of Peace Award' from The Inter Religious Federation for World Peace.
- Author(s)V J Kohli
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.