All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.39
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.88
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.41
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.27
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are schemas and why do they matter? Again! Again! provides an introduction to understanding and supporting schemas and schema play in young children. Practitioners will find an overview of schemas with guidance on where they fit within the EYFS. There are examples of schemas, with illustrations and descriptions of common behaviour patterns, and these are set within the general context of child development. The intention is to help early years practitioners identify schemas and to understand both how important they are and the vital role they play in the growing child's learning. The aim is to help the reader understand how they can develop, plan and resource activities which support children's learning through experiment and play.
- Author BiographySally Featherstone has a wealth of experience as a teacher, head teacher and a local authority advisor and inspector. In recent years, alongside her activities in publishing, Sally has continued to build a national reputation as a trainer and consultant in the Primary and Early Years field. Stella Louis is an early years consultant and trainer for the London Borough of Southwark. While working as a nursery nurse in 1991, she attended a lecture on block play by Professor Tina Bruce. It was during this lecture that Stella was introduced to the concept of schemas as a tool to inform planning, provision and observations of babies and young children. Schemas fascinated Stella as she watched her own child, Hannah-Louise, grow explore and develop. In 2002 Stella completed an MA in Early Childhood Education. The introductory sections of this book have been based on Stella's work, whose idea the book was.
- Author(s)Clare Beswick,Sally Featherstone,Stella Louis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFeatherstone Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight205 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.