Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionEpic love poems often share common thematic elements - love in union, love in separation and love in reunion. While two different religious and cultural traditions such as Islamic Sufism and Hindu Bhaktism might seem to have little in common, their literary expression might suggest otherwise. Lalita Sinha investigates this possibility in UNVEILING THE GARDEN OF LOVE by finding common threads shared between the classic love poems, The Story of Layla Majnun (written by Nezami in the Sufi tradition) and Gita Govinda (written by Jayadeva in the Hindu tradition). These literary masterpieces, through the saga of human love, open a doorway to understanding the shared experiences of these two diverse religions.
- Author BiographyLalita Sinha studied world literatures at Universiti Sains Malaysia, where she served as Senior Lecturer in Comparative Literature and Comparative Religion for more than three decades. Her previous book, The Other Salina: A. Samad Said's Masterpiece in Translation (2006) has been highly commended by Malaysian National Laureates and the academic book publishers' council of Malaysia. She currently lives in Penang, Malaysia.
- Author(s)Lalita Sinha
- PublisherWorld Wisdom Books
- Date of Publication31/10/2008
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWorld Wisdom Books
- Content Notefigures
- Weight331 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byHarry Oldmeadow
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.