All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis thoroughly revised edition of the acclaimed Using German provides guidance for those who have already acquired the basics of German and wish to extend their fluency and confidence. Focusing on the particular needs of the English-speaking user, it incorporates important information on recent trends and changes in the German language, including the 1998 spelling reforms, and on style, register and regional variation which are often igred by conventional textbooks. * Designed to promote the fluency and accuracy vital to effective communication * Tailored to the needs of the English-speaking user * Clear format for ease of reference * Reflects the current state of the German language * Provides information on regional variation * Highlights problems of register and style * Important section on vocabulary extension, with index for efficient access * Invaluable to intermediate-advanced learners and anyone requiring up-to-date guidance on points of grammar and vocabulary.
- Author BiographyMartin Durrell is Henry Simon Professor of German at the University of Manchester. He has published widely on the German language and is a member of the International Academic Council of the Institut fur Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim.
- Author(s)Martin Durrell
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/09/2003
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight560 g
- Width169 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.