All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLatest research findings can provide an evidence base for health care practice which ultimately improves outcomes for patients. With so much published research out there, how do you find, evaluate and use the most relevant studies to shape your own health care practice? This friendly book walks you through the key stages of locating, selecting and evaluating research findings in health care. Offering an engaging, practice-based approach to an often daunting task, the book: * Explores how to appraise and apply data drawn from a range of quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods studies; * Demonstrates how research findings can influence decision-making and can improve your own practice, as well as that of your team; * Uses stimulating practice scenarios and worked examples to provide a transferrable blueprint for evidence based practice; Drawing on the author's extensive research and teaching experience within the field of practice development, Using Research in Practice is an essential text for any health care student or practitioner seeking to evaluate and develop their own evidence base.
- Author BiographyDR. JAQUI HEWITT-TAYLOR is Practice Development Fellow, School of Health and Social Care,Bournemouth University, UK.
- Author(s)Jaqui Hewitt-Taylor
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/09/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight283 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.76Trending at AU $39.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.