All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionOver 52 million tablet devices were sold during the fourth quarter of 2012 and sales are predicted to continue to increase in years to come. These lightweight mobile computing devices are quickly becoming an integral part of patrons' everyday lives. Libraries are responding by incorporating them into their programs and services. Using Tablets and App in Libraries outlines how libraries can support this new BYOD (bring your own device) culture including offering app events and instruction, installing mounted tablets within the library, offering tablet lending programs, initiating tablet training programs for staff, and ways to evaluate and use quality apps.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Willse received her Masters in Library and Information Science from Pratt Institute. Her key area of study has been an examination of how library practice is evolving at the intersection of traditional and digital media, seeking ways to harness both to improve outreach and instruction. A freelance writer with over a decade of experience, her writing has appeared in publications such as the Newark Star-Ledger, Women's Health Magazine, ChelseaNow and numerous web outlets.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Willse
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleLibrary Technology Essentials
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width158 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byEllyssa Kroski
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.