All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to explore research on visiting friends and relatives (VFR). In many countries VFR is the largest single travel-related market and for some regional ecomies accounts for over half of all tourism flows. In assembling an international collection of quality VFR-related research the editors present the profiles, characteristics, opportunities and behaviours of VFR travel for the benefit of researchers, industry practitioners and educators. This holistic and international approach to understanding VFR travel provides a state of the art understanding of the context, dynamics and implications of VFR travel and will be an essential resource for postgraduate students, researchers and also practitioners.
- Author BiographyElisa Backer is Associate Professor at Federation University Australia and is on the editorial board of nine journals. Her main research interests are VFR travel, destination marketing, partial industrialisation in tourism, family tourism and social media. Brian King is Professor and Associate Dean at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and is joint editor-in-chief of the journal Tourism, Culture and Communication. His research focuses on tourism marketing with an emphasis on cultural dimensions and emerging markets, tourism and migration, international education and tourism.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism
- Series Part/Volume Number69
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Weight365 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byBrian King,Elisa Backer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.