All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe legendary business of Van Cleef & Arpels was established in Paris in 1898, following the marriage of Alfred Van Cleef and Estelle Arpels. The couple, along with Estelle's brother Charles Arpels, opened their first boutique in 1906, soon after joined by Julien Arpels. After more than 100 years, Van Cleef & Arpels are still rewned for their expertise in precious stones and have won particular acclaim for a groundbreaking gem-setting procedure kwn as the 'serti invisible' (invisible setting), whereby stones and gems are set in a side-by-side formation with apparent metal or mounting visible from the front. Van Cleef & Arpels: The Poetry of Time explores the beautiful watches created by this luxurious jeweller. Combining the spirit of invention with the love of precious gems, Van Cleef & Arpels create watches with delicate and elegant lines, pushing imagination and ingenuity to the forefront, endowing their creations with the Haute Jewellery spirit. The company makes a point of reviving traditional skills and developing new techniques, such as three-dimensional enamel and mother-of-pearl marquetry. Not content to juxtapose precious materials with exceptional gems, Van Cleef & Arpels, like the alchemists of old, instils a soul into its creations.
- Author(s)Franco Cologni,Jean-Claude Sabrier,Michael Serres
- PublisherCercle d'art
- Date of Publication18/09/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintCercle d'art
- Content Note211 col.
- Weight2508 g
- Width290 mm
- Height340 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.